hyundai i30

Friday, June 29, 2007

Paris Hilton: 'Jail Was a Blessing in Disguise'




Paris Hilton

HOLLYWOOD - Hotel heiress Paris Hilton is pleased she served time in jail, crediting her recent experiences with making her "stronger" and more mature.

Speaking to newsman Larry King on Wednesday in her first interview since being released from jail on Tuesday, Hilton revealed she spent her time reading books and letters sent by fans around the world, including U.S. troops stationed in Iraq.

Hilton, who was amazed not to receive one critical letter while inside, told King she is now a more mature person who accepts responsibility for her mistakes.

She said, "The beginning was really hard for me--it was kind of a blur, it was so traumatic.

"But after being there a while, I had to accept I had to make the best of it or make the worst of it. So I just went with the motto 'Don't serve the time, let the time serve you.' And I did that and it really helped...

"Even though I hated it, I'm glad it happened in a way because it's changed my life forever and I feel stronger than ever. I feel like this is a blessing in disguise."

Explaining why she agreed to the televised interview, Hilton told King, "I just want people to know what I went through. It was a pretty traumatic experience.

"It's been really overwhelming. It's just overwhelming to be out and be free again."

Hilton served 23 days of a 45-day sentence after being found guilty of violating her probation from a drunk-driving arrest last year.

COPYRIGHT 2007 WORLD ENTERTAINMENT NEWS NETWORK LTD. All Global Rights Reserved.

No comments: