hyundai i30

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Isaiah Washington: 'I Was Fired Because I'm Black'




Isaiah Washington

HOLLYWOOD - Actor Isaiah Washington insists the only reason he was fired from TV show Grey's Anatomy for making a homophobic remark was because of the color of his skin.

Washington infamously made an offensive comment about castmate T.R. Knight last October and repeated it at the Golden Globe Awards earlier this year.

But the 43-year-old claims he was fired from Grey's Anatomy earlier this month because America can't find it in its heart to forgive an African-American.

He cites the examples of actor Robert Downey Jr., who has rebuilt his career despite multiple run-ins with the police over his drug problems, and politician Arnold Schwarzenegger, who has fought allegations of sexual misconduct.

Washington tells Newsweek magazine, "I apologized and showed my remorse for what I said and for the pain I caused anyone.

"If a black man can't get forgiveness in this country, when so many other people like Robert Downey Jr. and the governor of California get second and third chances... I think that says a lot about race and this country, where we stand."

COPYRIGHT 2007 WORLD ENTERTAINMENT NEWS NETWORK LTD. All Global Rights Reserved.

No comments: