hyundai i30

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Isaiah Washington: 'T.R. Knight Was Jealous of My Success'




Isaiah Washington

HOLLYWOOD - Shamed ex-Grey's Anatomy star Isaiah Washington insists T.R. Knight wanted him and costar Patrick Dempsey off the show because they were getting better storylines.

The actor was fired from the medical drama earlier this month in the wake of a homophobic remark he made about castmate Knight last October--a comment he repeated at the Golden Globe Awards earlier this year.

However, Washington claims Knight turned the remark into a major controversy because he was jealous of the storylines he was getting.

He says, "T.R. Knight was very tactical in trying to remove me from the show because he knows that I know, and I was gagged, that he has been working on a conspiracy to get Patrick Dempsey and myself off the show for the last year and a half.

"I know Patrick Dempsey has supported me by stating that if there is anyone that needs to be fired it is T.R. Knight because he has created such a negative environment on that set because he felt like he has not been treated and given the same leading-man kinds of storylines."

COPYRIGHT 2007 WORLD ENTERTAINMENT NEWS NETWORK LTD. All Global Rights Reserved.

No comments: