hyundai i30

Friday, June 29, 2007

Paris Hilton 'Tricked' Paparazzi with MTV Movie Awards Appearance




Paris Hilton

HOLLYWOOD - Socialite Paris Hilton "tricked" the paparazzi with her appearance at the MTV Movie Awards--allowing her to sneak off to jail unnoticed.

The Simple Life star was expected to start her jail term on June 5 but turned herself in to Los Angeles Sheriff authorities two days early--on June 3at 10:30 p.m.--while the spotlight was still on the stars at the MTV ceremony.

Speaking to newsman Larry King on Wednesday, in her first interview since being released from jail on Tuesday, Hilton revealed it had been her plan all along to use the awards show as a cover for her trip to the Los Angeles jail.

She said, "I was playing a trick on everyone. Because outside my house, outside the Lynwood facility, there were paparazzi, I heard, from all around the world. So I thought if I went to the MTV Awards, snuck out during the show, I could get there unnoticed. And that's what we did. No one even saw me going in.

"Everyone was asking me at the show, they were like, ‘Oh, so you're going to the after-party?’ And I was like, ‘Yeah, I'll be there.’ I knew the whole time I was there that I was going to be checking myself right into jail. You know, nobody knew I was going in that night. But I was trying to be strong."

Hilton served 23 days of a 45-day sentence after being found guilty of violating her probation from a drunk-driving arrest last year.

Hilton Defends Spears
Paris Hilton has leaped to the defense of Britney Spears' parenting ability--insisting she is a great mother.

Speaking to Larry King, Hilton insists her pop pal is "a good mom" but finds it hard to deal with all the media attention.

She says, "She's a sweet girl. She's a good mom. She loves her children.

"I've seen her with her kids. She loves her kids. And I think it’s hard for anyone when you're in the spotlight so much. Its very overwhelming at such, like, a young age."

Spears' parenting has been under scrutiny since she was seen driving with her then 19-month-old child Sean Preston on her lap last year. She has another son, Jayden James.

Hilton Agrees to Help Drunk-Driving Campaign Group
Paris Hilton has agreed to work with campaign group MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Driving) following her recent jail sentence for violating her probation from a 2006 drunk-driving arrest.

During her interview with Larry King on Wednesday, the 26-year-old claimed she wants to undo the bad example her arrest set.

She said, "I'd love to work with them, and by doing my sentence and doing my time I have served a specific example and want to continue to do so."

COPYRIGHT 2007 WORLD ENTERTAINMENT NEWS NETWORK LTD. All Global Rights Reserved.

No comments: