hyundai i30

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Jenna Fischer Looking at 12-Week Recovery from Back Injury




Jenna Fischer at the Los Angeles Premiere of

HOLLYWOOD - The Office star Jenna Fischer needs another 12 weeks to fully recover from fracturing her back in four places while falling down a flight of stairs in a New York bar earlier this month.

The actress, who plays Pam Beesly on the comedy, was taken to St. Vincent's Hospital in Manhattan after the fall at Buddakan on May 15.

The 33-year-old still finds sleeping at night extremely difficult.

She says, "I had a rough night last night. I'm mostly off the meds, but I did take some last night because sleeping is probably the most uncomfortable thing right now. I just can't get comfortable.

"My back doctor said it will be about 12 weeks until I'm fully recovered."

During her fall, Fischer knew she was about to be seriously injured.

She adds, "I was going to do one dance and then get out of there. The dance floor was down a long set of marble stairs. I linked arms with my friend and just missed a step.

"All I know is I was suddenly not on the ground anymore. My legs flipped out from underneath me, and while I was in the air, I had the thought, 'This isn't going to end well.'

"I've never felt anything like it. I was horribly nauseous and dizzy."

COPYRIGHT 2007 WORLD ENTERTAINMENT NEWS NETWORK LTD. All Global Rights Reserved.

No comments: