hyundai i30

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Our Matt Chat (Swoon)


Score one for the Showbiz Shed.

The government couldn't find him on screen, but we tracked down Jason Bourne in London.

Well, OK, Matt Damon.

And chatted to him about all things Bourne Ultimatum.

Matt jetted into London to promote the third instalment of the Bourne series, and we grabbed a word with one of the big screen's hottest action heroes.

At an afternon press conference, we asked Matt about getting into shape for all of those hair-rising stunts.

He told us: "For me, actually, this movie was different than the other two.

"I used to not have a life at all, I'd go and work all day , go home, go to gym and go to sleep. I'd do that every day until the movie was over.

"But now I have a daughter and a step-daughter, and a life at home, so I didn't go to the gym after work."

Laughing, he added: "I showed up in really good shape.

"But I was wearing this jacket and by the end of the movie, the jacket zipper was creeping higher and higher. Paul (Greengrass) actually had to cut around it near the end of the movie.

"I looked at a rough cut and said 'Well, you know that scene, maybe we could use a tight shot there?'."

When asked if being named by Forbes magazine as Hollywood's most bankable star gave him more bragging rights versus his pals Brad Pitt and George Clooney notching up votes in the sexiest stakes, he said: "In fact, the e-mail that went out to George said 'Suck it, sexy boy', and I attached the article.

"He wrote back 'That's great, I had that read to me by one of my servants at my villa.'"

Cute, and a great sense of humour? Matt's Showbiz Shed shares are going up...

Later at the premiere in London's Leicester Square, when asked if he had any scars to show from doing stunts, he said: "They don't really let us do anything that's actually dangerous.

"A lot of actors come in and go 'Hey, we do our own stunts', but that's not true.

"They let the real stunt people do it."

It wasn't just Matt notching up the action factor at the prem, we nattered to stars such as his Bourne co-star Julia Stiles...

No comments: